Friday, April 11, 2014

A Room With A View



   
    Even though my rent could get me an apartment one hundred times bigger in Minneapolis, I've grown to love my little (emphasis on the 'little') spot above the gardens adjacent to the Luxembourg Gardens on the avenue de l'Observatoire. I know I'll never love my seven flights of stairs, but all of a sudden, I have all this gratitude for my view and my balcony, which are both rare. While enjoying the sun and a glass of wine out on my balcony, I can see the Montparnasse Tower, the Eiffel Tower, Saint-Sulpice, the Grand Palais, the Palais Garnier, the Sacré-Coeur, La Défense, the Louvre and the Palais du Luxembourg.
      
     I'm proud of my barely double-digit square meter-age- it's my first real apartment on my own! I'm a lucky girl, even if I don't have my own toilet or shower. Some of us get dishwashers and elevators, and some of us get glorified walk-in closets with gorgeous views. But hey, I can tolerate anything, especially in Paris. 

And a nice glass of wine always helps, too.


Love,
Rachel


My new forget-me-nots








 

My building





No comments:

Post a Comment